Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Random Wednesday-ness

1. I had an idea of a really good topic to blog about. I should write those down, huh?

2. I have a ton of things to do today. I've had a ton of things to do for a long time. I mentioned to Rich, then mentioned to the Net-Not (or Not-Net; I haven't decided yet) people that I mentioned to Rich, that I lie in bed each morning and think, "Okay, today I'm going to...," and list three or four things. Then the next morning I lie in bed and think, "Okay, today I'm going to...," and the things I list are the exact same things as the day before! How does that happen? I'm busy all day long! How does that happen?!? Even odder, I guess, is the fact that each one of all those people I mentioned it to said they do the very same thing. How does that happen?!?

3. I want to go to a Rangers game. Nothing will ever be better than Stars hockey *, of course, but the Rangers game I went to courtesy of Shea & McMurdie was pretty dadgum fun. So I want to go back, with knitting (which is in itself a great tradition, FYI), and sit in the grandstand on the first base line. With someone who knows something about baseball and can answer all my questions. Anybody want to join me?

4. Speaking of that Rangers game, I was reminded at a couple of points that evening that some of the most exciting words in the language are, "Enjoy the game."

5. I have a hard time following knitting charts. I already knew that, and knew that I prefer text instructions. So when I started Irene's scarf (here, if you're a member of Ravelry; here if you're not), which I'm planning for the center of Holly's afghan, I knew I needed to use the text. I really didn't realize, though, that I would have to have every single stitch spelled out on every single row, or I'd be making mistakes left and right. The way Mélusine, the pattern's creator, has it written one has to have a much longer attention span that I do to make it work. Again, that's why I don't make lace. I get distracted way too...hey, look at that over there...

No comments:

Post a Comment