Saturday, May 21, 2011

Quick ham update (and not a single Rapture reference)

The Dayton Cowboys survived Hamvention. I don't know how wild and crazy they got, but a sewer line did break, flooding part of the flea market. I'm not pointing any fingers, you understand.

They'll be at the Air Force Museum tomorrow morning, then start back to DFW. I expect some stories. Rich emailed that he thought about buying me a "Retro Game Console," aka an old quarter slot machine. I answered that it wouldn't be a bad saving system. I could play the slot(s) all I wanted and get to keep all the money. I'm not sure it would do much for my productivity, though, and that tends to be just a little bit marginal as it is now.
Actual slot machine that could soon be in my living room.
or
My new method of saving (75¢ at a time).

I'm going to go lie on the sofa, sip a cool drink and read. I wanted to do that earlier, but we were out of Diet Coke (my cool drink of choice), so I had to go get some. I could have gone to a grocery store, but it's Saturday and I would've had to wait in line. If I have to have the soda all drunk up by 6:00, I just don't have that kind of time. I went to the Exxon station instead. Plenty of sipping time left! (Okay, one Rapture reference.)

No comments:

Post a Comment