Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cracked.com, hands down one of the best sites on the Interwebs, has another brilliant entry today, 9 Foreign Words the English Language Desperately Needs. I'm going to learn how to pronounce and spell each and every one of them, and begin using them immediately, but I'm especially pleased to report that the the word ranked Number One is Finnish.

I have some modest, once-removed pride in that, since we have a number of Finnish friends (Erik was here visiting just last week). And also because I am one of the Finnish word, pilkunnussija. I'll let you look it up, just to keep the language here G-rated. But I am one, oh yes I am. At least in my mind. I don't always, or even usually, say it out loud, but I am one. I correct the grammar of TV characters. I support the Apostrophe Protection Society with all my heart. And I judge everything you write. Everything.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go phone a kaelling before I get down to some shemomedjamo.

No comments:

Post a Comment