Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day, part 2 (and more Downton Abbey)

We've discovered, Rich and I, that we really and truly can't stop watching Downton Abbey. We zoomed through the seven episodes on Netflix in two nights, then happily connected a laptop to the TV in order to start streaming the next series/season through Amazon.

We watch it free on Amazon because we're Prime members. Just so you know, I can't recommend Amazon Prime highly enough. We end up ordering a bunch of stuff from Amazon anyway, and Prime gives us free shipping (free two-day shipping). Plus free access to a ton of their streaming video content, like the entire second season/series of Downton Abbey.

So we watched two more episodes from Amazon, and ended at around 1:15am. That's not that big a deal for me, because I'm a night owl anyway, but that's astonishing for Rich. He's Mr. Early to Bed, Early to Rise. And the fact that he suggested, "just one more" at midnight shows you how engaging it is.

We slept late today (duh). We're going for a late lunch at Red Robin, where they have the most fabulous burgers (one of my top three favorite burger places), because they're giving me a free burger for my birthday. (Ah, they know me so well!) In an absolutely brilliant move, Red Robin has a loyalty club, and rather than require members to bring in certificates, they attach rewards and special deals to the loyalty card number. That way, all you have to do is show up and give your card number to get the rewards. So there's a free Whiskey River BBQ Burger in my immediate future.

Then we'll come home and start (early) on Downton Abbey, since we've both admitted we'll simply watch until we've finished them all. We'll break at some point and feed the zoo, and at that point I'll put together some snacky kind of things—deviled eggs, maybe some chips & hummus, and this fabulous Cheddar Tailgating Bread from Rebecca at Foodie With Family. At least it looks fabulous. I've been trying to find an excuse to make it. And sure it'll go just as well with Masterpiece Classic as it does with college football, right?

Again, I hope your Labor Day is as enjoyable as mine is going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment