Friday, February 26, 2010

Tonight

The Southlake Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards Banquet [yawn] is tonight. I tried to simply avoid the subject and not respond to the stream of email reminders, but they called me to ask if I were coming. [sigh] So I am.

It's "semi-formal." I've asked women all over the Chamber what they're wearing, and it's apparently going to be regular suit-type things plus some jewelry. Huzzah. Rich is in San Antonio, so I'm dateless. (Where's that guy from my dream the other night, huh?) Otherwise, there would be copious amounts of alcohol involved.

I guess the alcohol will be on hold until I'm back home, snuggling on the couch with J and Rocky (see earlier post).

And while I've got you, here's a photo from last weekend's Winter Birthday Bash. That's good friend Pat on the right, sister Linda in the middle, and nephew Michael on the left (Rich is in the background). I believe we had urged Michael to get in closer for the photo and he opted for leaning over the bar (and squishing his gizzard) instead of getting up and walking around to the other side. What, you know, ever.



This photo also illustrates the fact that my iPhone is fine for taking quick shots of interesting things I pass, but I should really take a camera, too, with me to parties and things.

No comments:

Post a Comment