Friday, August 6, 2010

Report

This is a report of all today's activities. For those of you who were with me in North Carolina (or who have heard me speak of this before), you know that sometimes Rich tends to act like I've demanded a full report on what he's been doing and what has planned. He recites a list ("I fed the cats. I offered to let J go outside, but she didn't want to go. I made myself some oatmeal, then ate it while I checked my email...."), and often does it first thing in the morning, sometimes before I've even gotten out of bed. On those occasions, it's hard to not shriek at him to shut up at least until after I've used the bathroom. I guess all I usually do is moan and pretend he's not there.

Anyhoo, I've had a bad attitude most of the afternoon, after a perfectly pleasant lunch with Terri. Dunno why. I finally decided that I'd abandon work and go paint the bathroom. I did that. It didn't help my bad attitude, but the bathroom's painted now, so I guess it evens out.

Then I felted, or tried to, three swatches of yarn that I might be using to make the lovely matching litter containers for my new car. (Hey! Don't you judge me — I bought that car then went six weeks and four days without it while it was at the dealer waiting for a part. I'll make as big a deal over it as I want to!) FYI, camel does not felt at all. Interesting, for an animal fiber. Alpaca does, but it was weird and bumpy, so much so that I couldn't tell which part of the swatch was garter stitch and which was stockinette. The wool swatch was too tightly knit to felt much. After running it through the washer, I tried agitating it by hand in some hot water. No luck. I guess I'll have to try the wool yarn again, on bigger needles.

Finally, it's RAINING! The temperature has dropped to a balmy 84° and I'm about to go sit on the porch swing and watch it rain. That is, BTW, the whole reason we have a porch swing.

I expect an upward turn in the attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment