Sunday, February 6, 2011

It's Superbowl Sunday, and other facts

  • It's 4pm on Superbowl Sunday and I've already had too much beer and nachos. Why, no, I'm not at Cowboy Stadium. I'm at home by myself. Why?
  • Rich is at the Superbowl, working on the Game Day Frequency Coordination team. They're wearing all black (NFL-supplied shirts and jackets, their own pants) and red baseball caps with a big "GDC" on them. Rich showed me his Superbowl credentials, a badge on a chain that he has to wear around his neck. It has a star on it, and allows the GDC folks to go anywhere and everywhere. I kind of shivered a little. And I'm jealous, though I don't care which team wins (if the Cowboys aren't there, then…what. ever). But it's such a special event, with an atmosphere of excitement and celebration. Maybe he'll tell me about it, after his long workday is done. He had to be there at 7am, but left really, really early in case the roads were still icy.
  • I'm recording the pre-game show because I actually think I might get a glimpse of him or one of our friends. Sometimes I'm just adorable.
  • The dogs are finally back inside after spending most of this nice (relatively) warm, sunny day outside. FYI, letting your dogs spend hours and hours out in the fresh air and sunshine, vigilantly keeping watch for marauding squirrels, has about the same effect as knocking their little heads together. Except with more snoring.
  • We have too much stuff. Specifically, I have too much stuff, a lot of it stored in the wreck of a closet in our guest bedroom. I've spent some time today working on cleaning it out and getting it organized. I'm not that good at organizing overstuffed closets. I tend to spend way too much time wringing my hands, trying to decide what to do.
  • We have eight, count 'em, eight "spare" pillows in that closet. I don't know what I was thinking we should be prepared for. This is a good example of the kind of stuff I'm finding.
  • Since I'm having trouble coming up with a closet plan, I believe I'll just go back to beer and nachos. That was working pretty well.
Happy Superbowl, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment