Friday, April 13, 2012

The post season is here


It's Stanley Cup playoff time, and since my beloved Stars are already on vacation I have to pick other teams to support (temporarily). So here's who I'm rooting for:

     Not-Vancouver
     Not-Pittsburgh
     Not-Detroit, and
     Absolutely-Not-San Jose.

I'd just as soon see the NY Rangers not progress very far, though Brad Richards has been much too gracious (dang it!) to root against. And I'm torn about wanting Not-Boston to win, since Boston did bring Marty Turco on board at the end of the season and he is still my boy. Speaking of Marty, I'd love for Chicago (who didn't re-sign him this year) to bite it early, and since they're playing Phoenix in the first round, and Phoenix (and nice guy former Stars coach Dave Tippett) happens to be the only team I'm actually supporting directly, that's the win-win I'm hoping for.

Yeah, it gets complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment