Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Is it incestuous to direct you to my other blog?

If I suggest in my personal blog (this one) that you read a post on my business blog (that one), is it incestuous? Cannibalistic? Unseemly?

The truth is, I kind of like the wording of that post, and I certainly don't want to just duplicate it here. But I do, oh, I do want everyone to read the 15 Grammar Goofs infographic!

Let's see, I could add something here…maybe talk about what I've been writing lately. Um, do you want to know how fiduciaries of employee retirement plans can mitigate their risk? Anybody…?

Okay, then. How about a picture of what I've been knitting? I just made this, really, really quickly. My beloved niece has a godson, 16 years old, who is being treated for testicular cancer. (Yeah, that is in the vicinity of the worst thing I've ever heard.) He's losing his hair from the chemo and she contacted me to see if I would knit him a hat. He wanted a beanie, skullcap kind of thing, "like the Zac Brown Band wears." How'd I do?


The light-colored yarn is camel, special to me because I bought it in Beijing. (Seriously, there was a yarn shop right down the street from our hotel, can you believe it?) I bought the yarn as a souvenir, a special memento, and I was saving it to make something for myself. But it's incredibly soft (who'd expect camel yarn to be soft, right?), and that's pretty important in a chemo cap. And using part of that yarn to make a cap for Rebekah's godson makes it even more special. I found a pattern, adapted it, knitted the thing, blocked it and got it in the mail in three days. (Be impressed with that. I'm a slow knitter.)

Or you can listen to what I just bought on iTunes. Yes, the official video is on YouTube, too. But, uh, it's the song I like.



All right, all right! Now I'm just yammering. See, I didn't really have much to say…except go look at my other blog! (Unseemly. Definitely unseemly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment