Sunday, October 13, 2013

Follow up to the Smells post

One of my dogs brought it to my attention that there had been a dead squirrel in the bird feed can. I feel terrible! The squirrels could get out of the can quite agilely before it filled with water; I watched to make sure of that (because both dogs truly hate squirrels and would eagerly do harm to one that was captive in a can). But I guess once the can had water in it, the poor thing either drowned right away (I'm hoping) or scrabbled around, unable to jump out, until it drowned. Poor thing.

I hope it's tiny little spirit is avenged by my repeatedly smelling the awful odor, then finally noticing its sad remains and having to dispose of them. Revolting. Completely revolting. Puke-inspiring. I'm going to smell that in my dreams for a while.

Poor thing! (The squirrel, not me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment