Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Women (or woman) and drinking

According to a report just on ABC News, four or more drinks in less than two hours is binge drinking. According to me, it's flirting with unconsciousness.

Now, I'm no lightweight when it comes to drinking (and in several other senses, as well), but I feel like I'm knocking it back pretty hard if I have three drinks in under two hours. And, BTW, I also have a pretty good buzz at that point. Four or more?!?

At Stars games, there's a guy who used to sit in the row ahead of us, who brought dates to the games. His dates were all little bitty women, and they all had a couple of large beers during the game. Considering that beer sales stop during the third period, that means they probably drank what ABC News would call four drinks (two big glasses) in a little less than two hours.

The reason I mention it is that if I drank that much, that fast, I wouldn't be able to walk to the car afterwards. Even if I were still awake!

Maybe I'm more moderate than I realize…?

No comments:

Post a Comment