Saturday, February 7, 2009

I have a shower door!

My early-rising DH, bless him, had the shower door installed by the time I woke up this morning. Now I have to finish the walls (and the closet clean out and the carpet cleaning and...), which means deciding for sure what fabric I want to use. And figuring out how to use fabric as a wall treatment in a room that's guaranteed to be humid. (Most of the how-to instructions say to use liquid starch and just slap it up, but point out that it doesn't stand up to much moisture. How does one deal with that in a bathroom?)

I'll have to hit Joann Fabric and make the fabric decision, I guess. For a long time I had thought I'd use cheesecloth, which has the texture I'd like. But I'd definitely have to paint over it. That might work, with the paint helping to hold the fabric up. But it might also just make a huge mess. What to do, what to do...? That's one very fine thing about the starch technique, though. It's so easy to remove the fabric that I can put one up, change my mind and take it down and put another up without a lot of fuss.

Anyway, that's on the docket for today. So is making progress on the stash/guest room closet. And I'm going to be doing some test knitting on intarsia in-the-round, trying to make progress on my Stars mittens. And I swear I'm going to upload the photos from my camera and get my "Projects" page on Ravelry updated. Really, I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment