Friday, February 13, 2009

I have some good contacts.

This has been a really good week, networking-wise.

The 'Original' in the blog name refers to my business, Original Production. I'm diving back into serious networking, after being out of commission most of December and a big chunk of January (travel, and a nasty bug it took freakin' forever to get over). Believe me, in a small business that depends on referrals there's nothing like not being around for a while to bring things to a screeching halt. So I'm getting it geared back up, as quick as I can.

I met a fellow copywriter at Net-Ed yesterday (first time that's ever happened), and I'm looking to sign him on as a contractor. I visited the Business Success Group on Monday and met a woman who does websites. It looks like she and I are going to work on some interesting things together, too. She has an idea for a video blog that I'm really excited about being involved in. And I met with an existing client who not only gave me a good-sized check but also more work! So things are looking up on the OP front.

And in the Knot arena (that part of the blog name refers to my knitting habit), after frogging my Stars mittens approximately two hundred times (okay, maybe seven or eight), I put them aside and set out to find a way to actually do intarsia in the round, instead of trying, yet again, to just figure something out. When I first started investigating I was surprised at how many experienced knitters simply said it can't be done. I'm here to tell you otherwise. In fact, I learned two different techniques (this and this), and either will work very well for these mittens. I'm going to work on the chart tonight, and maybe start on them (again).

And speaking of the Stars, they're playing tonight but we won't be at the game. We went Wednesday, and in fact have tickets to four games in February (and may be buying more). There are two games next week we're looking at...maybe the mittens will be done by then.

And I just realized that I didn't mention the Stars in the name of this blog! I should fix that. There's no doubt I'll be talking about them here. Often. And enthusiastically.

Anyway, so tonight it's snuggling in with interesting knitting, pasta with parma rosa sauce and keeping up with the game via Twitter. My kind of evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment