Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I don't mean to be so boring

Sorry for the long periods of dreary dullness, but the fuzzy parts of my mind that are conscious are pretty much absorbed with thoughts of inhalers and pills and cough syrups and nasal sprays, and their corresponding schedules. Seriously, I don't know why what should have been a plain old cold has wiped me out so completely, but it has. Either that or I was silently struck stupid and limp sometime last week and just haven't realized it yet.

Today I have two main goals. Well, three. First, to sort the giant pile of dirty clothes piling up in the hamper before there's an avalanche in the bathroom. Second, to arrange a meeting later in the week with a couple of people I'm hoping will take on the Logistics Committee for the Southlake Chamber Oktoberfest*, thereby removing it from my plate.

The third is to get to the end of the day feeling healthy enough to go to the Stars game tonight. Stop thinking that. Stop it! It's not what you think. It's not just that I can't stand to miss a game. I had decided last night I would tell Rich I didn't want to go, and find someone to use our tickets, when I saw that tonight is Kari Lehtonen Bobblehead Night. We have to go. I've mentioned the bobbleheads before. The only way to get them is to go through the doors at American Airlines Center before game time and show the people just inside your ticket. They mark through the barcode and hand you a bobblehead. That's the only way! And we have all the others! If we don't get this one, our set won't be complete! We have no choice, I tell you!

Okay, so we do have a choice, but I really want that bobblehead, so we'll be going.

One set of our bobbleheads are still boxed up, waiting for a place to live (when Rich has a real office set up, I guess). The other set resides on one of the high Elfa shelves above my computer. I'll post a picture when the set is complete. It's pretty cool, if you're kind of a rabid Dallas Stars fan.

I hope this rainy Tuesday is going well for those of you who aren't insane. Please…wish me luck anyway.



*I did Logistics last year. I'm co-chairing the event this year and, yes, it was stupid to agree to that. I had good reasons, I'm sure I did, but they seem faded and far away right now. I'm getting pretty desperate to get all the committee chair positions filled, and I'm afraid people are going to start ducking my phone calls. (They shouldn't; I'm promising them some pretty good stuff….)

No comments:

Post a Comment