Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Not that I'm planning or anything

My friend Sandy posted on Facebook this week:
Oh my. Watching Best Funeral Ever on TLC. It is filmed here in Dallas at the Golden Gate Funeral home. Have decided I don't want a funeral, I want a homecoming y'all.
Myself, I want a party. I've told my family, for years and in some detail, that I want a party with good food, an open bar and a band and dancing. Maybe have a few flattering pictures of me around, that would be nice. And anyone who wants to honor my memory will say something snarky and funny.

It would have to take place somewhere near water, not because I'm so attached to water (I mean, I like lakes and oceans and all, but not excessively) but because the big finale would be disposing of my ashes through fireworks. Angels Flight does that. And I believe that it can only be done over water because, for some reason, people don't like the idea of a body drifting down on their houses and cars and whatnot.

Anyway, if you hear something's happened to me, skip lunch and get your snarky remark ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment