Friday, November 15, 2013

15th Day of Thanksgiving (T-minus 13 and counting)

Today (or, actually, tonight) I'm thankful for a quiet, cozy home life. I know a lot of people like to go out, and we go out sometimes (mostly to hockey and baseball games, because I can't help myself), but I really, truly enjoy spending time at home.

I've always been something of a homebody, even when I was dancing with Fire on the Mountain, and averaged 150 shows a year. I loved it, and cherish the experience, but I do love my time at home, too. Fortunately, Rich feels the same. (I guess, though, we probably wouldn't have ended up married if he didn't, right?)

So tonight we'll be having homemade chili (both red and white), then hunkering down on the couch with all the animals snoozing around us, watching TV. Rich will no doubt also be pondering and (using his iPad) reading up on a problem a client has asked him to help solve (I pointed out to him today that's one of the drawbacks of being smart—people come to you for answers), and I'll be knitting. I just realized that, in addition to the new team color gloves we both need, I have a couple of Christmas gifts to get done, so I have some serious knitting time coming.

It's not just an okay evening. It makes me happy. Really and truly happy.

And thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment