Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Just one more day

This is the second time I've written this. If Blogger (or Safari or my ancient iPad, whichever is responsible) loses it this time, this is just going to be a blank page.

I'm afraid today I'm still focused on my funny, entertaining family. After spending the day with them, I'm still gratified and very thankful for how witty, warm and gracious they are. And we DO love to cook together! So, like, Thanksgiving is a pretty good time for us.

Tonight, Al heated up the ham left over from last night, Suzanne made a delicious kale salad with Caesar dressing, and I made…

Cindy's Savory Kugel von Turos Csusza

Ingredients:

16 oz noodles
4 (or more) slices of bacon
2 cups sour cream
1-1/2 cups cottage cheese
2–4 eggs

Garlic powder
Onion powder
Salt & pepper

Pinch of sweet smoked paprika

Directions:

Cook noodles to al dente stage, according to package directions. Drain and set aside. While noodles are boiling, cook bacon until crispy. Crumble and set aside.

Mix noodles with sour cream, egg(s), cottage cheese and bacon. Add garlic power, onion powder, salt & pepper to taste. Pour into a 2-qt baking dish. Sprinkle paprika on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for about half an hour.

And good luck with all of your Thanksgiving goodies tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment