Sunday, November 3, 2013

T-minus 25 days

Yeah, that seems a little more fitting.

Today I'm thankful for the nice, stable family in which I was raised. Parents who loved us and took good care of us. Large, familiar extended family, some of whom were a little crazy, but we're southern, so that's part of the package.* They weren't perfect, but neither was I. We all** knew how to forgive, forget and move on. And we faced everything that came along the same way: together.


*One of my cousins and her then-young husband were watching The Newlywed Game years ago. The question put to the husbands was, "What would you say is the predominant characteristic of your wife's family?" Jerry thought about it for a minute, then said, "I can't decide whether it would be big hips or insanity." Too true, too true….

**Okay, there are one or two of us who have proven fairly spectacular at holding a grudge, but those are isolated character defects. Let's move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment