Wednesday, November 6, 2013

6th Day of Thanksgiving

First of all, Biddy is feeling much better, thank you for asking. Unfortunately, though, the x-rays they took last night show a couple of things that could be very bad news, indeed. They're going to repeat the x-rays tomorrow, so hopefully we'll find out more. (Please, if you would, say another prayer or two for her.)

Okay, then. Today I'm thankful that I'm living in such amazing times! For all the bad things in the world, and the progress-run-amuck, I still think that having antibiotics and cars that can parallel park themselves is, all in all, a very good thing.

Not every discovery is really an advancement, and not every step forward takes us someplace better, necessarily. But we move forward. And the good things, I think, outnumber the bad.*

In any case, I'm glad to be here to see all this happening!


*Like this, for example. I mean, really, who would have ever thought we could come up with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment